Thank you for visiting a web site maintained by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division's (EPD) Air Protection Branch. Georgia EPD is a division of the Georgia Department of Nautral Resources. Our web sites are designed to make it easier and more efficient for Georgia citizens and businesses to interact with the Air Protection Branch. We appreciate that many visitors to our sites will be concerned about their privacy. The State of Georgia is committed to preserving your privacy when you visit our sites.
This privacy statement addresses the collection and disclosure of information that may be obtained through the use of the the Air Protection Branch's web site. This statement covers these topics:
- Information We Collect
- Public Disclosure
- Links Disclaimer
- Information We Collect
If you visit the Air Protection Branch's web sites to read, download information or use our online applications, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- The name of your domain (for example, "xyzcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account)
- An IP address (a number automatically assigned to your computer when you are using the Internet)
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site
- The pages you visit within the the Air Protection Branch's Site
- The links made to other web sites through this site
This information is collected for statistical analysis using third party or proprietary software programs to create summary statistics. The statistics are used to determine what information is of most and least interest to all visitors and identifying system performance or problem areas. This information is not collected for commercial marketing purposes.
If, during your visit to the the Air Protection Branch's web site, you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information, we will collect such information. Examples of personally identifiable information may include:
- An e-mail address if you are communicating to us through e-mail
- Information you voluntarily submit to the State of Georgia for the purposes of completing or submitting an application or form online
- Other information volunteered, such as vendor profile/contact information, survey information, or content of e-mail
- In general, please note the information collected, whether or not personally identifiable, is not limited to text characters and may include audio, video, and other graphic formats you send us. Information is retained in accordance with existing laws, rules, regulations, and other policies.
As a general rule, the Air Protection Branch does not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is public information under the Georgia Open Records Act O.C.G.A. § 50-18-70 et seq., or other applicable laws. Visitors should be aware that information collected by The State of Georgia on its web sites may be subject to examination and inspection, if such information is a public record or not otherwise protected from disclosure.
The Air Protection Branch may occasionally use "cookies" to customize your browsing experience or for maintaining browser session state while using our online applications. Cookies are simple text files stored by your web browser and they provide a method of distinguishing among visitors to the web site, and allowing customized features. Cookies created on your computer by using our web site do not contain personally identifiable information and do not compromise your privacy or security. You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer at any time by using any one of a number of widely available methods. However, our online applications may require that you allow cookies in order to use those applications.